A far departure from the vibrant Tangerine Tango that adorned everything from our beauty bags to our fingertips last year, emerald green is a deeply romantic jewel tone that tops the color charts as the Pantone 2013 Color of the Year.
“Emerald, a perfectly balanced green, is a mix of warm and cool, which makes it so versatile and flattering to many skin tones,” says Leatrice Eiseman, executive director of the Pantone Color Institute. “Symbolically, Emerald brings a sense of clarity, renewal and rejuvenation, which is so important in today’s complex world.”
Wake up your eye makeup routine with hints of emerald green. Join us as we follow the Tangerine Tango road all the way to the Emerald City.
- Maybelline Eye Studio Color Tattoo 24HR Cream Gel Shadow in Edgy Emerald. Make a bold statement with this edgy eyeshadow! This deep emerald shade is perfect for 24-hour coverage and the cream-based shadow is vibrant after one swipe, so there is no need for layering. $6.99 at maybelline.com
- Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips in Landscape Green. This hypoallergenic eyeliner adds eye-enriching definition and intensity. A super-smooth gliding texture makes it effortless to define your eyes and the versatile formula makes it easy create the intensity that you desire. $10.99 at ulta.com
- MAC Pro Chromaline in Landscape. This waterproof, gel cream eyeliner creates long lasting dense color that pops. The versatility of this liner can create a subtle shade or an intense deep color for a more dramatic effect. $18.50 at maccosmetics.com
- Makeup Forever Aqua Liner in 3 iridescent Emerald Green. Subtle yet beautiful, this liner add a slight pop of emerald around your eyes. This superior emerald eyeliner offers a flawless hold that promises water, tear and smudge-proof color. $23 at sephora.com
- Lancome Khol in Love Eyeliner Pencil in Jade Crush. New from Lancome’s 2013 Spring Color Collection, this sultry dark green is ultra pigmented and can be worn alone for a natural look or coordinated with complementary shadows to create an ombre look (gorgeous with Color Design Infinite 24H in Tremendous Turquoise). $26 at lancome-usa.com
- Nars Duo Eyeshadow in Mad Mad World. Voted “Best Overall Eye Shadow” by In Style in 2011’s “Best Beauty Buys,” this jazzy shadow duo is a fun addition to your spring and summer beauty routine. Swipe on a light layer for subtle covered or apply more for deep, smoldering coverage. $34 at narscosmetics.com
Finally, just in time for the movie premiere of “Oz The Great and Powerful” on March 8, 2013, watch for the SEPHORA + PANTONE UNIVERSE 2013 Color of the Year PANTONE 17-5641 Emerald Collection, coming to Sephora stores and sephora.com and available for a limited time in March.