It happens every year. You’re invited to a last-minute fete or you worse, you completely forgot someone on your list. You can’t show up to a party empty-handed and you certainly wouldn’t want anybody knowing you forgot them. Thank heavens for drugstores! The aisles of your local CVS or Walgreens are crammed with cute, inexpensive gifts that just need a bow and off you go. Most are even open on Christmas day.
Read on for last-minute gift ideas.
Watch the segment live on FOX 10!
- Luxe Skin Care: Let’s start with the ladies. Every hostess, busy mom or girlfriend deserves quality skincare, and drugstores have top notch beauty departments! A line such as Sebamed is designed for all skin types, and it’s pH balanced to revitalize the dry, winter skin we all deal with this time of year! The Moisturizing Body Lotion, Hand & Nail Balm and Liquid Face & Body Wash are perfect stocking stuffers or hostess gifts, all under $20. And they also have a Baby Line – For a new mom who’s tired with her kids home for the holidays, saving her a trip to the store for baby products is another really thoughtful idea. Pair it with a soft headband or a baby toy and voila!
- Hair Accessories: These are perfect for picky teens and tweens – Your little cousin or niece, for example – Who are often hard to buy for! Jeweled hair accessories, like Clip-n-Crystals from Mia Beauty, are a less expensive alternative to jewelry and are a fun way to add sparkle and fun to any holiday hairdo. With no damage to hair whatsoever, the crystals are easily removable and they can wear them again on New Year’s Eve! Add some sparkly nail polish and makeup bag and you’re set!
- Fragrance Sets: These gifts are perceived as pricey, but can actually cost less than $15 at the drugstore! Celebrities like Beyonce, Britney and the Bieb have made their signature fragrances available at drugstore counters, and there are perfumes and colognes for men and women of all ages. Many drugstores even carry splurge-worthy brands like Dolce & Gabbana. The best part is that these gifts come in beautiful boxes and bottles, often even in sets with two or three pieces in one pretty box so all you need is the bow (check aisle three!).
- Coffee, Tea or Hot Cocoa: Surprise a coworker or boss with their favorite brand of coffee, tea or hot cocoa – It shows you have their specific tastes in mind and you know it’s something they’ll enjoy! If you want to amp up the gift, pair the tea with a scented candle, or the cocoa and coffee with a to-go mug or single cup brewer, all of which are available at local drugstores.
- Cards and Games: Bring a gift everyone at the party will enjoy! Decks of cards and board games are a refreshing change from all the tech and video game gifts kids get, and are great for family game nights or adult parties. An interactive game like Bop It is fun for all ages, and adult games like Poker can also liven up a cocktail hour. You’ll be giving them a gift of hours of entertainment with family and friends.