The readers and editors of Allure magazine have one thing in common: The search for the best beauty products – a conditioner that tames the frizzies, an eyeliner that glides on effortlessly, a moisturizer that delivers on its promise of plump, glowing skin. Over the past decade, Allure’s loyal fans and staff have put literally thousands of products to the test and have become the ultimate authority on everything beauty.
What makes a beauty products a winner? For four brands in particular, it’s the test of time. The following brands have won more beauty awards than any other products in their category over the past 10 years. And the winners are…
Olay (facial moisturizers category) delivers high-end products at accessible prices.
Reader’s choice winner for best facial moisturizer: Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream, $25
Why: Lifts, firms and restores elasticity
Pantene (shampoo and conditioner category) offers customized solutions based on your unique hair structure and styling goals.
Winner for best shampoo for fine hair: Pantene Fine Hair Flat to Volume Shampoo, $7
Why: Banishes build-up and dulling residue to restore shine and body
Secret (antiperspirant/deodorant category) is the number one selling female antiperspirant/deodorant in North America.
Winner for best deodorant: Secret Clinical Strength, $10
Why: Formulated for nighttime use when the body is most receptive to forming a strong barrier against sweat
Gillette Venus (women’s razors category) is the best-selling brand of women’s razors
Winner for best razor: Gillette Venus Embrace, $12 for disposable 3-pack
Why: Five curve-hugging blades allow for a closer shave and the protective moisture strip ensures a super-smooth, nick-free glide.
Other Allure Best of Beauty Award Winners:
- Cleanser, Normal Skin: Aveeno Positively Radiant Makeup Removing Cleanser, $8
- Mascara, Lengthening: Cover Girl LashBlast Length Mascara, $8
- Nail Polish, Nude: Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Choco-Latte, $7
- Primer: L’Oréal Paris Studio Secrets Professional Magic Perfecting Base, $13
- Body Wash: Aveeno Positively Nourishing Hydrating Body Wash, $7
- Self-Tanner, Gradual: St. Tropez Everyday Gradual Tan Mousse, $40
- Natural Wonder: Vapour Organic Beauty Aura Multi Use Blush, $28
- Cheap Thrill: Jergens Natural Glow Foaming Daily Moisturizer, $8.50
- Big Breakthroughs: Living Proof Full Thickening Mousse, $26
Check out more Allure Best of Beauty winners at allure.com.